InVEST, a school-to-work insurance program, teams with high school and college educators to provide a useful insurance curriculum for students. With the help of InVEST liaisons (insurance professionals), students have the opportunity for job shadow days, internships or even careers after graduating from InVEST.
InVEST provides all materials necessary to launch your first InVEST program, specifically created to appease the millennial generation, including lesson plans, textbooks, activities and more. Best of all, its totally free.
Founded in 1970 at Hollywood High School by the Independent Insurance Agents of Los Angeles, InVEST began educating students in insurance to become better insurance consumers. Over the years, it has expanded to also teach insurance agency and company operations and encourage students to pursue careers in the industry.
Opportunities for insurance professionals to interact with students are established by InVEST working with educators and school systems across the country. InVEST volunteers, agency and company representatives; work closely with teachers so students get real-life perspective of the insurance industry. Through field trips, job shadow events and internships, students are able to see and experience firsthand what it is like to be in the insurance world. Through these efforts, InVEST is able to spread the message about insurance and become a resource for educators.
InVEST Benefits the Insurance Industry:
- Trains work force and brings new talent for carriers, agents and brokers.
- Reaches a diverse group of employees, such as urban and minority students.
- Gets insurance professionals involved on a local level.
- Promotes positive public relations, positioning the industry as a respected liaison between the academic and business worlds.
- Produces knowledgeable insurance consumers.
"Survey results from the Agency Universe Study* by Future One pointed to InVEST as a solution to save the future of the industry, with a majority of respondents stating the insurance industry should encourage high schools and community colleges to help students plan for insurance careers." Bob Rusbuldt, Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Big "I" president & CEO
* The Agency Universe study is a collaboration of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America and leading independent agency companies.
Get started today by visiting the InVest Website