Certified Insurance Service Representative
The Society of CISR
The program is comprised of 9 one-day courses, each followed by a one-hour exam, which is optional. A participant obtains the designation by passing 5 exams within 3 years.
The courses are:
- Agency Operations
- Commercial Casualty I
- Commercial Casualty II
- Commercial Property
- Elements of Risk Management
- Life & Health Essentials
- Personal Auto Exposures
- Personal Lines - Miscellaneous
- Personal Residential Property
Dynamics of Service and William T. Hold Seminars are good for CE and updating your designation, not for achieving your designation.
- *Dynamics of Service Seminar satisfies the update requirement for all CISRs. You do not need to hold the CISR designation to attend.
- *William T. Hold Seminars - offers advanced topics in personal lines or commercial lines. You do not need to hold the CISR designation to attend.
All Courses: 7:30 AM Registration
8:00 AM - 5:15 PM
*Dynamics of Service 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
*William T. Hold 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Credits: 7 Minnesota CE Credits
2018 Cost: $170.00 for CISR Seminars
$180.00 for William T. Hold Seminars
$170.00 for Dynamics of Service Seminars
Cancellation Policy: Full refund or transfer will be granted if request is received in writing within 7 days prior to the seminar. Requests received after that date will incur a $35.00 fee. No refund/transfer will be granted for no shows.
Retaining the CISR Designation
To retain the CISR designation, annual continuing education is required. Designees may fulfill the yearly update by attending one of the following:
Any CISR course (exam not required)
William T. Hold seminar
Dynamics of Service seminar
CIC institute, including James K Ruble Graduate Seminar (fulfills update for 2 years)
CISR OnLine is the complete Web-based training program from the Society of Certified Insurance Service Representatives (CISR). With all the courses, all the curriculum, all the CE credits... and without the travel time away from the office. Discover a smart new way to earn CE credits and the CISR designation at www.scic.com
2018 CISR Schedule
Director of Education & Events
PROfile displays all of your National Alliance professional education information including: Alliance member #, when your next update is due, membership dues status, CE certificate, course history, new program offerings, contact and logon information, and suggested reading materials. Please note that it will take 4-6 weeks for your attendance to be reflected on your MyPage.
This course helps make you an indispensable team player in any insurance agency. As you work with colleagues and customers, you will do so with enhanced self-assurance and a greater understanding of the dynamics within insurance organizations. Also, understanding how agencies operate is essential training for both insurance agency and company personnel.
- Critical Issues Facing Insurance Agencies
- Legal and Ethical Obligations of Insurance Personnel
- Agency Workflow Concepts and Automation
- Minimizing Errors & Omissions Exposures
- Understanding Agency Systems
This course strengthens your ability to have productive, assured interactions with your commercial customers in the area of commercial casualty exposures and coverages. You will improve your understanding of legal liability and what creates liability exposures. The focus of this course is the Commercial General Liability Coverage Form. This course also addresses additional insured exposures and the coverage available to meet these needs.
- Essentials of Legal Liability
- CGL Introduction
- Commercial General Liability Coverage Parts
- CGL Other Provisions
- Additional Insureds
This course, like Commercial Casualty I, strengthens your ability to have productive, assured interactions with your commercial customers in the area of commercial casualty exposures and coverages. In this course the focus is the Business Auto Policy, the Workers Compensation Policy and Excess Liability Policies. You will improve your understanding in each of these areas.
- Business Auto Exposures and Coverages
- Workers Compensation & Employers Liability Insurance Policy
- Commercial Umbrella and Excess Liability Policies
Commercial property insurance is one of your business customers' greatest concerns. You'll improve your cross-selling abilities with up-to-date knowledge of commercial property coverage, and reduce E&O exposures. This course gives you the skills to address these issues with greater ease and confidence.
- Major Commercial Property Coverage Forms and Cause of Loss Forms
- Understanding Business Income Coverage
- Commercial Inland Marine Coverages
The Dynamics of Service Program is a one-day, insurance-specific customer service program designed for anyone in the insurance industry who deals with customers. This program will benefit the personnel in any agency, company, or insurance-related organization. Anyone can attend, regardless of affiliation or professional designation. Evaluations from participants confirm that this is one of the highest rated programs conducted by The National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research.
Learn these important aspects of quality customer service:
- Learn the basic needs of customers including: the need to be understood; the need to feel welcome; the need to feel important; and the need to feel comfortable with the service representative.
- Understand human differences by exploring: your personality/behavior style; the personality/behavior style of others; and dealing with various personality styles.
- Define high-quality customer service and how this might vary with each customer.
- Learn the "dynamics" of customer service including: understanding the role of each person on the service team; the impact of service on acquiring, retaining, and recovering accounts; and understanding the success process.
- Develop skills in the areas of: creating a positive image; building credibility with colleagues and clients; using verbal and non-verbal communication effectively; the areas of follow-through and follow-up.
- Build rapport and influence with clients and carriers. Topics include: Making a good impression; Dealing with difficult clients; When to get help; and Avoiding the 10 deadly sins of customer service.
- Develop skills in listening and communication including: the art of listening; and effective questioning.
- Refine service skills for sales opportunities. Topics include: customer service through account development, policy upgrading techniques; and cross-selling techniques.
- Tips for effectively using voice mail and e-mail.
FAQs-Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend Dynamics of Service?
Owners, producers, service representatives, claims personnel - even the receptionist! Any person in an agency or company having contact with the customer will benefit by attending this skill-building program. Dynamics of Service will prepare your staff to provide quality customer service, regardless of position.
How will this program benefit me in my job?
Participants will be able to apply all aspects of the program to their daily work habits, demonstrate a better understanding of the insurance service process, increase their productivity, and increase their level of job satisfaction. The participant will have the opportunity to network with other students and share experiences and ideas.
Where can I attend a Dynamics of Service program?
To register for a class please download the registration form.
Can the Dynamics of Service program be conducted specifically for my agency or company?
Yes, In-House Dynamics of Service programs can be conducted specifically for an agency, company, or any insurance-related organization. In-House programs are a cost-effective way to provide quality education for all members of an organization. For details on In-House programs, call the MIIA at (800)-864-3846.
Insurance professionals need training in the risk management process for two reasons. First, insurance is an integral part of their client's overall risk management program. Second, services provided by carriers, agencies and brokerages are often significant items in the organization's cost of risk.
In this eight-hour course we will cover each of the five powerful steps in this process, which protects not only the organization's assets, but also its mission and its brand.
- The Risk Management Process & Risk Terms
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Control
- Risk Finance
- Risk Administration
This course will help build a better understanding of what your clients need to know about life and health insurance. Explaining the benefits of having the proper life and health insurance is key to the financial wellbeing of your clients’ families and businesses.
Be better prepared to answer questions about analyzing the need for and placement of life insurance. Health insurance includes a diverse assortment of policies, from medical expense coverage to vision care and dental coverage, plus a variety of delivery systems and health plans designed to manage the high cost of care.
- Introduction to Life Insurance
- Term Insurance
- Permanent Life Insurance
- Health Insurance Concepts
- Consumer Driven Plans
After taking this course, you will be able to more effectively advise your customers in the processes of analyzing, obtaining, and modifying their auto policies.
- Analyzing the Personal Auto Policy and Its Major Endorsements
- Owned, Borrowed, and Rented Autos
- Determining Who is an Insured
- Personal Umbrella Policy
- Minimizing E&O Exposures
This course addresses the exposures created by watercraft, recreational vehicles, and business activities often encountered when working with personal lines clients. Prompting your client to identify these exposures is crucial, because the ISO Homeowners and ISO Personal Auto Programs provide only very limited coverage. You will be better able to design the appropriate coverage for these exposures. The course will also provide an analysis of the important coverage offered through personal umbrella or excess liability policies.
- Watercraft Exposures & Coverages
- Recreational Vehicles
- Business Activities of Personal Lines Clients
- Personal Umbrella/Excess Liability
It is recommended that students taking CISR Personal Lines Miscellaneous have already taken CISR Personal Residential or have a working knowledge of the Homeowners Policy Form.
This course gives you the expertise you need to guide your customers through the often complex and confusing process of purchasing homeowners insurance — and help them make decisions that insure their most valuable assets.
- Analyzing Homeowners Policies and Endorsements
- Who is an Insured in the Homeowners Policy?
- Common Exposures Excluded
- Applications of Coverages to Specific Risks
- Dwelling Policy
This special one-day course is designed to offer more variety of topics in Commercial Lines or Personal Lines. Anyone can attend.
- Satisfies the annual CE requirement of the Society of CISR
- Expert instruction
- Specific topics and in-depth discussions you won't find anywhere else
- Networking opportunities in a relaxed atmosphere
- NO EXAMINATION
The William T. Hold Seminars are the reward for a job well done-a reward for professionalism.