About EMC Insurance Companies
Founded in 1911, EMC Insurance Companies is financially solid, built on more than 110 years of serving policyholders and independent insurance agents. Today, EMC employs more than 2,300 employees in about 40 states across the country, is in the top 60 property/casualty organizations in the United States based on net written premium and is rated A (Excellent) by AM Best with a stable outlook.
EMC's mission is to grow profitably through partnership with independent insurance agents and to enhance the ability of our partners to deliver quality financial protection to the people and businesses we mutually serve. Our brand promise, Count on EMC®, represents the core values upon which EMC Insurance Companies has built its reputation. Since 1911, policyholders, agents and employees have come to Count on EMC for comprehensive protection, superior service and financial security.
The five EMC values are the essence of our company's identity. These are the beliefs we operate by that create our corporate culture. Keeping these values in mind while working with fellow employees, agents and policyholders enables us to fulfill our company mission.
- Honesty & Integrity—We gain the confidence and trust of others easily through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Customer Focus—We build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Collaboration—We build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared goals
- Innovation—We create new and better ways for EMC to be successful
- Driving Results—We consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
The EMC Minneapolis Branch has steadily grown in premium dollars and personnel since opening in 1942. With an experienced staff of local underwriting, claims, marketing, audit and loss control professionals, we are a full-service branch office that values the local relationships we have with our agency partners.